Friday, May 13, 2011

If I Say "Hi" to You Do Not...

My job requires that I "greet" every individual that walks through the door. This job, though at first tedious and tiresome, has become increasingly interesting. For those of you who do not want to become a victim of my uncouth sense of humor I have the following suggestions.

If someone says "Hi" do not respond by:

1. Saying "Good."

2. Looking at me in a bewildered, distracted way, so much so that you lose your footing and trip. It's not like I said something dirty, I said "Hi".

3. Look at me, then look away pretending like you never heard me. Just so ya know, I know you heard me, you looked when I first said it.

Here are a few more suggestions for public behavior:

1. When asking for the location of the restroom, unless you're younger than five, it is not appropriate to say, "I gotta pee, where's your bathroom?" Especially if you're a grown man. I really did not want to know that you "gotta pee".

2. I'm not a mom, so I can't make many assumptions about appropriate behaviors for parents, but I think it's safe to say that if your child is running around in circles of a bank lobby yelling "SUCKERS! SUCKERS! SUUUUUUCKEEEEERSSSSSS!" it would be a good idea to ask them to stop. Just a thought.


Any other thoughts about appropriate public behavior?

1 comment:

  1. It's only because I know exactly what you're talking about--I laughed out loud. It's so true. My favorite is when you ask them, "How can I help you?" or "What can I help you with today?" and they reply, "Good." or "I'm doing ok." Too funny.

    ReplyDelete