Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011


Once again the parents have left to yet another engineering conference. This time at New Orleans. With them away, Blake and I decided to invite Krist, Bri, and Nate over for an overnight stay. Of course the first night I was sick and after making dinner, had to stay home while they went to a late movie. (What's up with that? Lately I've been getting sick every other week! Ugh!)

Anyhow, the next morning we had waffles (my favorite recipe!) then made our to the lovely lake/park down the street from us in the Daybreak community. It's one of my favorite places to go on a warm sunny day. There's parks, lovely landscaping, and a nice path that goes all the way around the lake. Here's a few of the highlights.










On another, unrelated note, for the first time in several months, I saw my favorite berry in the grocery store! 



While this little beauty is fantastic all by itself, there is one very simply go-to recipe I use whenever I have fresh fruit and I'm worried it'll go bad before I can use it all.

Here's what you'll need: 

Pound Cake (angle food would work as well) you of course could make the cake, but Sara Lee makes a wonderful cake that I always keep on hand in my freezer for days when I need something sweet, fast.



You'll also need:

Any fresh berry or fresh peaches
1 Pint Whipping Cream
14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup Cold Water
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
3 oz box Vanilla Pudding (or cheesecake)

Mix the Cream, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Cold Water, Almond Extract and Pudding until smooth. Refrigerate until the pudding sets up, around 15 minutes. Layer the cake, pudding mix, and fresh fruit to creak a lovely, quick, and absolutely delicious summer time dessert!


Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment