Friday, July 9, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad

This is a salad my mom makes. If I remember right, she got the menu from my lovely aunt Pat who also gave me the ham and provolone sandwich recipe you'll see above! I love this one because it's extremely simple and very easy to change up.

Baby Spinach-You can use regular spinach, baby spinach is more tender and the smaller leaves are more manageable. I buy the box from Costco which comfortably serves 10-12.
Sliced Strawberries-I slice them thin, and let them sit in their own juices for a while. I usually use a couple handfuls. About a pint.
Crumbled Feta-I like the blocked Feta that's packed in a saline solution-it's fresher and moist...er. I typically buy this from Sunflower or Costco (if I have another use for it) but most grocery stores carry both the pre-crumbled stuff and the block version.
Candied Pecans-Candy your own! Throw a couple handfuls of roughly chopped pecans in a small skillet with a 1/4 c sugar. Cook on medium high heat till the sugar caramelizes and hardens...or just buy it! :)
1 bottle Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette-One bottle is plenty for the whole box of spinach


This is the recipe I typically use but for the party I was on a budget, so I used ingredients I had on hand. I replaced the Feta with freshly grated parmesan-reggiano, and candied pecans for toasted almond slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment