Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Lovely Summer Break....

...is now coming to a close. 

I can't say I'm terribly upset. I like autumn and school.  

In fact, my summer was only one month and two weeks this years because I took summer courses (and learned all about YAL and Conrad and Casey Anthony...random, right?). But, I do realize that I didn't do a whole lot of blogging this season. And the few blogs I added were sparse and poorly assembled. Can you blame me? Summer was calling my name with it's enticing weather and an endless list of "to do"'s (including ANOTHER move...Blake and I now call ourselves transient bums).

So allow me to catch you up...

1. Book list. I read like...50 some odd titles this summer amounting to 25,000ish pages and sixteen books a month. Even for me, that's a lot! I updated my "Words" tab, so if you're looking for a good read, check it out.


2. The Move. Oh my. Third floor. My poor family was dying after going up and down hundreds of times. How do we have so much stuff!?! Not only that, we moved a week before finals! I can't say we're done moving (the extra bedroom is stuffed with crud, and we haven't done much decorating) but we do have everything we need. Maybe we should just trash the rest...


3. Seven. Or rather, Seven the Destroyer
Did you know we have another dog? Oh my, we're going to be we are dog people and all my life I swore I'd never buy a small dog....BUT, I will say, I love Seven. He idolizes me, follows me around, cuddles up to me...it's hard to be too mad at something that is so loving...then again, when he ripped up Blake's car seat, I found some wrath for him. 


Anyway, he's a purebred Mini Schnauzer, brought here from a puppy mill in Texas. I'd recommend adoption to anyone who's considering getting a dog. We love both of our pups.




You may be asking yourself why we named him Seven....if you know anything about Seinfeld, you'll know. :)






4. CPK California Club. It's my favorite summer-time pizza recipe. You should give it a try, mix up the ingredients to fit you.







Use your favorite pizza dough recipe (or buy some). Top it with lots of Mozzarella, crumbled bacon, and chicken (I use rotisserie chicken, and freeze whatever's left over for another meal). 


Notice there is no sauce in this recipe. Blake was freaked out by this fact (so was my dad, LOL), BUT once they tried the completed version, they were converted!


Bake it off until the dough's cooked through and the cheese is nice and brown and bubbly.


Shred some lettuce and dress is with either ranch or caesar. Dice some tomatoes and avocado, and VOALA! 


CPK California Club Pizza. 


Bon Appetite



5. New job.


Blake has once again found a new job. We both think this one will be a better environment for him. I hope we're right!


6. The painting of the nasty apartment cabinets...this is the current project I'm working on. I didn't expect it to take this long (the wood is super absorbent, and needs four or five coats of paint to get the coverage I want, UGH) But it will look amazing once it's done, especially with the new flooring.


7. We decided to post the Audi on KSL. It was just too expensive to fix, and we needed something more spacious. I don't know if I was sad or shocked when it sold in a mere three hours!


I now have a 2007 Nissan Altima, and I love it. It drives even smoother than the Audi, and has a V6 engine.


That is all.







No comments:

Post a Comment