Friday, April 15, 2011

Carl Bloch





So as you may (or may not) know, there's currently a Carl Bloch exhibition at the BYU Museum of Art. He was a truly inspirational figure and amazing painter. The painting above is a really well known one, and one of my personal favorites. He has such an amazing way of capturing emotions and has a unique view of Christs emotions.

Me, my mom, my sisters, my aunt Leslie and cousin Kim went to it yesterday and absolutely loved it! It's free, you can go online to reserve tickets (which I'd recommend doing, there were a lot of people "standing-by" because they didn't have tickets). You can rent an i-pad for three dollars which guides you through the paintings, various analytical views, and meanings. Afterwhich, we stopped at the Creamery on 9th. It was lovely, even Blake (who really didn't want to go) ended up enjoying it.

It's a great, cheap date! You should go!

No comments:

Post a Comment